I'll include some links within the list where you can find specific examples you can use for free, and end with some resources you can purchase for your classroom library if you like.
- Read and respond to a famous art quote.
- Daily Drawing Challenge.
- 4 Thumbnail drawings (30 sec., 45 sec., 1 min, 2 min)
- Justify the scribble (Turn a scribble into something)
- Daily Art Definition
- Compare/Contrast 2 famous artworks
- Describe a masterpiece (1 per day)
- My daily emoji (How I feel today)
- Daily sketchbook observational drawing
- Mashup 2 images (Teacher calls items: Scissors & Bird, etc.)
- 4 part daily critique of masterwork, 1 per day, sketch on 5th.
- Write a 1 paragraph story based on a masterwork.
- Daily art-related joke/riddle/cartoon discussion
- 5 facts from Youtube art video 2-4 min. (form download here)
- Weekly art career fact
- Daily personal goal for project; write & share for peer feedback.
- Daily/weekly media technique in a sketchbook.
- Peer critique of work in progress
- Draw a letter or number in 6 different ways (A-Z, 1-9 = 35 things!)
If you want a durable resource that's already done for you, I can suggest the following you can buy and copy for your students:HERE, scroll to see all)
Please comment and share your bell ringer ideas too.